Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Been trying to have a baby. Never been pregnant. Producing sufficient eggs. What is wrong?

My husband and i have been trying to have a baby for over 8 years. I am 32 and he is 43. I thought i was pregnant because my period skipped the month of the December but he came on January 2nd. I was told that by a infertility doctor that i have alot of eggs and that i am healthy. But I dont understand because my husband was not the only guy that i have had unprotected sex with and i have never been pregnant. So i would like to know what is going on
Asked On : Mon, 7 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
Mar 2013
Thanks for your query.
After over 8 years of trying for conception, you should now consult an Infertility Specialist.
there are various reasons for infertility
You should have the following tests done after consulting a SPecialist - basic hormonal profile, blood sugars, thyroid hormone and adrenal hormone tests, blood group and tests for sexually transmitted diseases, semen analysis of your husband, basic ultrasound and pelvic examination for you, and lastly, a tubal patency testing also.
Since the reasons for not conceiving are numerous, it is not possible to tell you whats wrong with one simple answer. Only a thorough workup would tell you that, even then, 30 % of cases of infertility are unexplained ones.
Take care.
Answered: Tue, 8 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor