Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Been suffering from lumbar disc prolapse. Solution for pain?

Dear Dr, i have been suffering from lumbar disc prolapse at L4 level since 6 years. i have taken bedrest , traction and ayurveda treatment at that time and got good relief. but i find it difficult to walk for long time, or do any kind of exercise as a result of which i have gained weight. i get spasms in my back on and off especially before periods but this is relieved with rest. Is there any solution for this pain?
Asked On : Sat, 22 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  73
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Radiologist 's  Response
Hi, welcome to HCM
Lumbar disc prolapse is painful condition. There are few options for treatment as physiotherapy, operation or ozone thepary.
Every option depends on degree of prolapse of disc. In severe condition operation can be done.
You have to do MRI and than consult your doctor than decide.
Dont do unguided exercise , it will harm you.
Thanking you.
Answered: Tue, 25 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor