Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

Been in accidents. Have degenerated discs. Can I get prescribed suboxone?

I am 23 years old and have been in 2 serious car accidents which is and has degenerated the discs in my neck C1 C2 and C3 Iam in severe pain and now my arms are starting to go numb and half of my hands are numb 24/7 the doctor said i can still use thiae fingers due to my memory . therefore my doctors have prescribed with norcos and percocets but I want to stop taking them but the withdrawal feeling is atrocious even though I am in pain I really want to get off of these medications they scare me. To be completely honest I did not mean to get addicted to these pills and I want to stop. I want to know if there are any home remedies or if I can get prescribed suboxone or subutex I want to do this on my own due to financial issues. Please help with advice
Asked On : Sun, 7 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  35
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response

I can understand your situation.Ideally these medications should be stopped under supervision of your doctor.Doctor would slowly taper the dose, so as to minimize withdrawal symptoms.Then as need doctor may put you on suboxone.

I would suggest you to discuss this with your doctor, who would surely help you out.And in addition your doctor would suggest other pain management treatment. Unfortunately there are no effective home remedies for this.

Answered: Tue, 23 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor