Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Been having sex, bleeding. Why?

I have been having sex for about 4 years now and never had any issues with bleeding. Lately, with my new partner i have been bleeding a little bit after we have sex. At first I thought it wasnt a big deal but lately its been occurring more often. I would guess about every 3 times we have sex I end up bleeding a little. Why would this be?
Asked On : Sun, 14 Apr 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  27
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Thanks for using health care magic for posting your query.
I have gone through your given history in detail.
In your description you have not mentioned you age. In case if you are past 30 years then this bleeding could be of concern to you.
There could be various reasons for this bleeding but the most important thing you should ruleout is any kind of malignancy.
Do visit a gynecologist sometime and get yourself examined.
There is a very less chance of that being turning out to be a malignancy but then why take chances?
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
Answered: Wed, 17 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Psychiatrist Dr. Nehal Shah's  Response
thanks for using health care magic.
I have gone through your available history.
Bleeding after sex can be because of
1) local injury over genitals
2) cervical pathology
3) rarely after having vigourous sex
You should consult Gyencologist for detailed evaluation for treatement.One should also rule out cervical erosion.
Answered: Tue, 16 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Psychiatrist Dr. Sushil Kumar Sompur's  Response
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

If you are bleeding after having sex, it might need gynecological attention. You might need a PAP smear to check and see if your cervix is doing fine. Please visit with a gynecologist so as to confirm this and make sure that you are also using safe sexual practices with your new partner. I hope this helps. Take care and have a lovely day!
Answered: Mon, 15 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor