Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Been having severe and painful esophageal spasms, have an open sore. Took OTC medicines. Sufficient?

I have been having severe and painful esophageal spasms for the last year and a half. I have tried all of the OTC medications for acid reduction, and have come to the conclusion that it has absolutely no relation to my stomach acids. None of the food I eat ever affects me, and the spasms happen once every few days. I worked in a machine shop where the employer would dump bleach into the machine s coolant tank in order to kill the smell. Little did any of us know, mixing bleach with this kind of coolant resulted in a chemical reaction, causing chlorine (in a gas form) to be released. I inhaled it for a period of 9 months or so, until we finally managed to get him to stop. I believe there is an open sore on my esophagus , and if there are any homeopathic remedies I could try, I would be greatly interested and appreciative to you. Thank you
Asked On : Thu, 10 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  120
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Thanks For Writing To Us, Yes I Could Be Intoxication From That Chemical. But To Make It Sure Need Tests Like Contrast Chest XRAY and Endoscopy It Will Clear Your Doubt. Take Care. Bye.
Answered: Fri, 11 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor