Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

Been experiencing post-urination or ejaculation urethritis, have herpes. What to do now?

Hi, I ve been experiencing post-urination/ ejaculation urethritis for about 7-8 months now. It feels like there is a piece of sand, or something lodged about an inch inside my urethra . Somedays are worse than others, but I can t remember one day in the past 7-8 months that I haven t experienced it. I ve tested negative for every STD and I m not a very promiscuous individual. The initial screening showed a herpes infection (1.57 I believe). However, the more specific HSV-1 and HSV-2 IGG tests, which I took 2 weeks later (around the 7 month point) were both negative. At the same time the doc ran HSV-1 and HSV-2 IGM tests (both negative), but I ve heard those tests aren t very reliable. I ve taken a month long round of Cipro and a round of Flagyl-neither made a difference. I also had a cystoscopy after 3 months that didn t reveal anything abnormal. Recently, my doc put me on Valtrex for a month just in case it was herpes. It seems to have a slight positive effect, but I still notice it daily. Can you point me in the right direction? Two different urologists seemed clueless and the only thing my general practitioner can think of is herpes. I m going to get another HSV-1 and HSV-2 Igg test tomorrow (it s been one month since the last one), so I ll know for sure if that s the cause, but I still don t think it is. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Asked On : Mon, 21 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  105
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

The symptoms point towards Herpes/STD. Anyways repeat the tests to confirm it and it's completely curable. Do you have the habit of using condoms? It's advisable to use it during sexual contact with unknown partner. Wish you good health.
Answered: Thu, 1 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor