Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Been diagnosed with small hiatus hernia. Trouble swallowing, hump in throat and smell. Help?

hello my name is claire and i have been diagnosed with a small hiatus hernia about 2 years ago. a few years ago i had a problem with food being stuck in my throat and the only way to make it go down was to have a long drink, the symptons make me panic as i feel i cant breath . these symptons have come back and i feel if i go to my doctor they will just give me tablets . i also sometimes have bad breath and can bring a hard lump up from my throat that is really smelly. please help.
Asked On : Sat, 21 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  60
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Your symptoms are due to acid coming up your food pipe secondary to hiatus hernia. Pl approach a Gastroenterologist surgeon (or general surgeon) and get treatment for hiatus hernia. Once it is rectified your throat symptoms most probably will disappear
Answered: Sun, 22 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor