Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

Bed wetting, needing adult diapers, started after quitting meth, dreams about water. embarrassed to tell spouse

I recently started to wet the bed without my wife finding out yet. im embarassed and was planning on letting my doctor tell the news that i prob will need adult diaper for bed. I started a week after quitting meth . And most of the time I am dreaming about something to do with water or in general. I have wet the bed severl times in the past but was drunk. Sometimes not about 15 years ago. Simply too embarassing to talk about with anyone. But it is happening every night now. Should I tell my spouse before I go to the doctor tomorrow. Also I have for the last 2 years slowly had massive urges and sometims can not hold it. I have a done a good job of hiding it but I dont want to deal with it anymore. What do I do. And I bought adult diapers and felt really odd but it was better disaposing of the diaper than my wife seeing a wet spot on the bed. Are depends what to use? I feel like my wife is going to see me as baby and will laugh and tell peoole about it. I am really worried. Please Help.
Asked On : Thu, 17 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  455
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for writing in.
I do understand your concern.
You seem to be suffering from urinary incontinence which needs an evaluation. The urinary incontinence can be temporary or persistent ( if it has been going on for quite some time). This can either be a consequence of aging directly or indirectly ( by leading to an enlarged prostate) or can be due to an onstruction in the flow of urine. A uroflowmetry and a transrectal ultrasound by a trained urologist would be a good step to start. The treatment would then depend on the identified cause. Diapers would only help you keep dry, not treat the cause/
It would be better to take your spouse into confidence and tell her about what you feel. Excessive anxiety can also lead to a situation like this.
Hope this helps
Answered: Thu, 17 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor