Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Bed sore, ruptured buttocks skin, filled with water

My grandmother was admitted in the ICU for 4 days due to bacterial infection in urine and kidneys, and while she was discharged, she has got Bed Sore, and one side of the ass so fully raptuerd as if there is a 1 inch deep hole and about 0.75-1inch wide radius. Also there is lots of watery solution coming out from that area, and as i see the HOLE, it seems that its all filled with water inside and like an empty bag inside . Please sugest....
Asked On : Fri, 30 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  51
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi Harshil,

She is having decubitus ulcer/pressure ulcer(commonly known as bed sore). It usually occurs in frail immobile elderly people at the site of maximum friction and pressure(usually buttocks, heels, back of scalp etc). The best preventive treatment is to keep on repositioning the patient and using water beds. As she is already having the sores and they apppear to be deep, kindly consult a surgeon so that if any debridement along with dressing is required it should be done immediately. She will also need to take oral and topical antibiotics.Also a good high protein diet and vitamin c supplements are required for faster healing of the lesions. Bed sores should be taken seriously in immobile debilitated patients as sometimes these are difficult to treat and may turn fatal. Take care.


Dr Kalpana.
Answered: Fri, 30 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor