Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Becoming aggressive, sometimes tired, recovers from depression. Want opinion

Hello Doctor. This is regarding the health of my mother, who is 84 yrears. Past one year, she seems to get aggressive for one or two days in a month. She keeps yelling at everyone, saying they have all her belongings. Keeps packing her bags and tries to go out. We have to retain her forcibly. But after a day or two she looks very tired and seems like recovered from a major depression and becomes normal. We doubt it is some sort of sickness and would like to have your opinion in this regard pls..
Asked On : Fri, 17 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  20
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Psychiatrist 's  Response
It is very clear from your description that she is not well and need help of a psychiatrist as she may be most probably suffering of depression.... In old age depression is more aggressive and difficult to manage ...but it is very well treatable by just consult a psychiatrist and get her started on medication and she will be fine in no time....
Tale care
Answered: Sat, 18 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor