Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Become super sensitive to smells including cigarette smoke. Why do I feel like vomiting?

I have recently become super sensitive to smells - especially cigarette smoke , which is strange because I have always lived with a smoker. I can get in an elevator after a smoker and it almost makes me want to vomit . I also can smell an electrical type of smoke frequently that nobody else can smell. Do I need to be concerned?
Asked On : Wed, 8 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  82
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
I have gone through your question in detail.
To some exetent , yes you need to get investigated. But there is no need to panic at this stage. Olfactory hallucinations, smelling something which doesnt exist , and an altered or heightened sense of smell suggests some intracranial pathology which is compressing olfactory area. but then there are other various causes for it including local nasal causes as well. So please dont panic but get a CT scan of Head done ones to rule out anything serious.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
Answered: Thu, 4 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor