Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Basal cell carcinoma removed from nose. Is it good to have skin grafting or other treatment for scars?

had a basal cell carcinoma removed from left tip of nose. Only left a small indentation of about 1/2 inch circumferance but would like to find a qualified plastic surgeon to repair. Is it wise to have skin grafting or should I go another route to make the scar not so obvious? And, can you recommend a qualified doctor in South Carolina?
Asked On : Tue, 13 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  137
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hi, do not know about a doctor suitable for you in South Carolina but repair of the defect can be done best with a small rotation flap may be a nasolabial flap (still would be better to comment after seeing the defect). Grafting with free skin is a good option for this region if done as a primary reconstruction. A pedicled flap from adjoining skin or forehead is a better option as a secondary reconstruction which you now need. Regards
Answered: Wed, 13 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor