Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
137 Doctors are Online

Banged in the chest area by air-bag, pain

i was in an auto accident, got banged in the chest area by air-bag-over a month ago, should it still hurt? i get a sharp pain when i reach with the arm on that side
Asked On : Sat, 24 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  68
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist 's  Response
I would expect the pain to be negligible by now. However, you may have damaged cartilage or a bony rib which would take longer to heal. I suggest you have an x-ray to check this. In the meantime, paracetamol and ibuprofen will help the pain.
I hope you feel better soon.
Dr K A Pottinger,
Answered: Fri, 8 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor