Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Banged head, awful headaches, nausea, chest pains, dizzy. Took cap. What is the cure?

a few weeks ago i fell banging my head severely i went to hospital where my bp was 180 over 119 but they said i was ok no brain scan etc so i went to the doctor and my bp was 180 /120 she gave me amlodipine and told me to go for an ecg which i havent and i got to go back to her in 4 weeks since then ive had awwful headaches and nausea chest pains and my head feels wobbly and dizzy
Asked On : Tue, 19 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  99
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hi Jamesy,
Thanks for writing your query.

After reading your post, it seems that your symptoms are due to increased blood pressure.
You should monitor your blood pressure twice daily for atleast 3 consequtive days.
There might be a possibility that either the dose of your medicine has to be increased or the medicine has to changed.

Your symptoms will get cured if your blood pressure is controlled.

You should get following investigations done :-
1. ECG.
2. Renal profile.
3. Lipid profile.
4. Urine examiantion.
5. Head scan.

Also avoid eating salty and oil rich foods.

I hope this is helpful to you.
Answered: Tue, 19 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor