Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
136 Doctors are Online

Bang on the head and face worsening vision, dark spot in vision, frequent dizziness. Help?

Hi I got beat up pretty bad by some bouncers and got kicked in the head and as well as my face and right side of face and right eye pounded into the cement multiple time I see dark spot and my eye fills weird and I can tell my sight has gotten worst I did notice I keep forgetting spacing out sometimes after this incident
Asked On : Wed, 5 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  49
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dear Concerned.,

Thanks for writing to us.

In all probabality, the head injury was inflicted upon you by an assault.

You are now experiencing the effects of Cerebral Concussion/??Skull Fracture(X-Ray of Skull required)/Amnesia(forgetting/spacing)/Vision worsening(Compression by a clot on optic nerve/chiasma(CT Scan required).

Kindly approach the ER and get yourself admitted for Neuro- observation first and get all the baseline investigations done.Advanced investigations such as X-Ray Skull/CT/MRI as decided by Neuro Surgeon , Consultant Ophthalmologist and Maxillo facial Surgeon.If an intracranial clot /hematoma is found the neurosurgeon will evacuate the same and decompress the brain.The treatment will be instituted as per the merit of the case.

As it is a case of an assault ,Medico legal formalities as per your country's laws also have to be done.

Pls rush to the ER at the earliest.

Best regards.,

Dr Lt Cdr ASN Bhushan.

Answered: Wed, 5 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor