Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Bang on the ear, have cloudy hearing with impairment since. Will it self correct over time?

I live in China and am always hesitant to go to the doctor here because my PuTongHua is not the best so I would like to send this question to you first…about 8 days ago, I intentionally slapped myself in the ear pretty hard during the night while half-asleep trying (in vain) to kill a mosquito and now the left side of my hearing is cloudy (with obvious hearing loss ). There has been little to no improvement since then. Will this self-correct over time or should I suck it up and go see a doctor?
Asked On : Wed, 24 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  73
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
As there is persistent hearing loss till now there is a chance of tearing of tympanic membrane.
Though in a minor tear it may heal up itself in large tear an intervention may be required. Besides medicine will speed up the healing process also, so you should consult a ENT specialist, he will check your ear and can asure you truely.
Thanks for consulting us.
Answered: Wed, 24 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor