Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Badly damaged, swollen knee. Pain, trouble walking, using stairs. Want to replace?

Have badly damaged knee that needs to be replaced. Always have pain and trouble walking, using stairs etc. Just spent a week using stairs constantly. Pain much worsed at back of knee and it is giving out on me, especially on stairs and I completely fall. Severely swollen. I can walk but with much worse limp and pain and knee keeps giving out on me. Trying to delay replacement. What can i do
Asked On : Thu, 11 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  19
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
From your history it seems that knee replacement is must.
But if delay of replacement is unavoidable then do following things,
1, Totally stop using stair case.
2, Wear knee cap to support knee muscles, remove at night.
3, Do patellar exercise daily 10 minutes in the morning and evening.
4, Do not on sit in squatting position or cross legs or more bend from the joint.
5, Take some Calcium, vitamin A and D. supplements.
Ok and take care.
Answered: Fri, 28 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor