Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Bad reaction to mosquito bites, results in swelling followed by hard lump, pus. Does it need medical attention?

Wow - really? I ve never seen a website with such easy access before... Ok, I ll try it. It s about a mosquito bite. Before I ask, is someone there? Nevermind. I see that you would be emailing me. I have always gotten really bad reactions to mosquito bites. They cause really bad swelling , the site gets hard as a rock, has pus coming out and is hot to the touch. I ve got a mosquito bite right now that is that way, on my heel. I just want to know: is there some point I need to have it seen? It just seems like tonight the swelling is getting worse and today it was oozing yellowish/clear stuff for most of the day. I just need to know at what point a doctor would think it needs attention. Thanks!
Asked On : Sat, 11 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  50
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
hey thanks for your querry,

Several anti-itch medications are commercially available,
those can be taken orally, such as Benadryl,
topically applied antihistamines
for more severe cases, corticosteroids,
Answered: Sun, 29 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor