Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Bad pain in shin. Why does it hurt?

Hi, I am 16 female, if that helps. And I have been getting a bad pain from the side of my shin, I went to the doctors and he told me it might almost be a stress fracture , but he wouldnt tell me about it. and how can it be almost? I do alot of dancing, which has put some strain on it, but it dosnt always hurt. Just when I put alot of pressure on it from exercise. So I was just wondering what that is exactly, and should I be getting an exra?
Asked On : Sat, 8 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
The stress fracture is found in hectic runners, army drills, and dancers. This is due to excessive stress of low grade for a long period with tiered muscles.The fractures can be seen in plain X ray .If not seen then digital x ray or NCCT are required to see the Internal fracture . treatment is rest and NSAIDS.

advised complete examination and investigation
Answered: Sat, 8 Sep 2012
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor