Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Bad headache, some tingling feeling towards the top back of head after a hit on head. Worried ?

Hi, I knocked the top of my head really hard against a wooden window edge. It hurt when it happened but after 5-10 minutes was okay. An hour later I had a really bad headache and some tingling feeling towards the top back of my head. it has been over 24 hours and still have a bad headache but no tingling. A lump appeared an hour after the hit and is still there and feels quite bruised, I haven t been to a doctor, should I visit one??
Asked On : Mon, 19 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  444
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Neurologist 's  Response
Nov 2013

Thank you for posting your query.

Based on the symptoms, you have suffered a mild head injury and scalp hematoma (bleeding underneath the skin). This can lead to headache and lump formation.

As of now, there is no need to go to a doctor.

For symptom relief, you could take analgesics such as diclofenac or ibuprofen. You should get better in 1-2 weeks.

However, please watch for symptoms of severe headache, repeated vomiting, drowsiness, etc. If you develop any of them, you should visit a doctor.

Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)
Senior Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad

Answered: Mon, 19 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor