Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Bacterial infection, had failed IUI's, IVF miscarriage, want to know whether bacterial infection causes low morphology. Advice?

Hi I am a 27yr old women who recently discovered a bacterial infection that my OB doctor seems to think has been my cause of infertility for the past 5+ years, my husband was also dignosed and treated, although they didn y discovery what type of bacterial it was. We have been through 2 failed IUI s, my IVF miscarriage at 8wks and one FET (chemical pregnacy) through a fertility specialist and also been misdignosed with tubal issues later finding everything to be opened and health per a LAP surgery. Would this bacterial infection cause low morphology in my husband and impair fertilization? now that we have been treated should be get pregnant on our own without any medical treatment?
Asked On : Sat, 26 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  153
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Dear Mrs
There is no doubt that bacterial infection can result in infertility. It would be desirable to know what type of infection you have. In any case it could be treated not only using antibiotics but also immunostimulants, phytotherapy and special diet. If not the probability of unsuccessful attempts to get pregnant with the help of modern technologies (IVF, IUI, ICSI) is very high because embryo needs almost sterile conditions in oder to develop properly. Infection has to be verified. This infection really could effect low fertility of your husband. However sometimes patients can get pregnant after abrogating of treatment and there were such cases in my practice.
Yours sincerely
Dr O. Aleksandrov
Answered: Thu, 31 May 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor