Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Back pain, spreading to neck and right arm, swelling, numbness in palm muscles. Causes and cure?

I suffer back pain in the past. I stop riding bike. Now the pain goes through neck n rt arm . There is heat produce in my arm and palm. When it pains in palm the musceles get swollen and feel numbness and tingling . When i sit for a long time it gets more worse. But today slowly head also feel heavy. N next day in the morning every thing fine. After lifting or riding bike gets more worse. What may b the cause.
Asked On : Mon, 4 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  37
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist 's  Response
Your symptoms may be due to a trapped nerve in your neck. This can sometimes cause shooting pain down the arm towards the hand. There may be associated tingling and numbness.
Your doctor may be able to take a more detailed history from you and may consider a scan of you neck.
Hope this advice helps.
Answered: Sun, 2 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor