Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Back pain, pain moving to my elbow, does not affect range of motion. Heat or ice for pain relief?

i have been having an ache in my upper left back up by the scapula - it appears to be in the muscle because it is very tender to massage. the ache goes down back of my arm around to elbow it does not affect range of motion and does not hurt when doing activities it just aches sometimes more than others and i have been able to sleep fine should i use heat or ice on it also my neck is a little sore when i stretch it
Asked On : Mon, 10 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  27
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Spine Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for the query. Pain in scapular area and radiating along the arm usually indicate pinching of the nerve in cervical spine. Since how long you have this problem? if this is a long standing problem then it needs to be investigated. Ice or heat application along with anti-inflammatory and muscle relaxants will help. thanks.
Answered: Mon, 10 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor