Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Back pain during periods. History of scoliosis. Will it affect fertility?

I have scoliosis since I was 12 and I was wondering What is it called when your lower back starts to rotate... its been awhile since I have been to the doctors when I was 12 its was 19 degrees then when I was 14 it was 12 degrees my doctor proscribed me to walk and I walk about five miles everyday. My back doesnt hurt as much unless im on my period .... But I m wondering if my back is rotating will that prevent me in having kids or anything? Also why is it harder to pop your back when you have scoliosis... I have to lay on a hard surface just to pop my back when im on my period.
Asked On : Thu, 23 Feb 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  75
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Spine Surgeon 's  Response
Dear Patient,
Diagnosis: Juvenile Flexible Scoliosis with Dysmenorrhoea
Treatment:When angle of scoliosis begins to decrease with age, patient will not need surgical correction. Conservative Bracing & Stretching Exercises will suffice. During periods try to sleep on back with bent knees & hips & take analgesics.
I wish you all the best.
Dr Vijaykumar Sadulwar,
Answered: Fri, 23 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor