Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Back pain, difficulty sleeping, feeling nodules. Applied hot water bottle. Why am I suffering?

Hello, I am 31 and I am suffering with back pain . The more I move the better it is but I am finding sleeping difficult as it is so uncomfortable. I am doing more exercise and I have changed the mattress. The pain is coming from my lower back and I can feel grindy nodules. I sometimes put a hot water bottle on my back or a product called biofreeze, this helps sometimes but sometimes not. Why am I suffering with this? Any ideas?
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  40
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The persistent back pain that you are having is likely to be related to a disc prolapse or a mild protrusion which is an age related degenerative change of the spine. You need to get an MRI scan of your back done and get proper treatment accordingly.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. You can consult me again directly through my profile URL
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Fri, 22 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor