Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Back pain, cannot walk, numb arms. Get MRI?

I have chronic psin in my back its been going on for a year and is getting unmanageable. I feel like I am cranked up tight all the time. I cant walk more than 30 minutes without sharp pain. I use to be able to release it ehen I sat now I hurt if I set to long. My arems go numb and tingle in my sleep waking me up. I am 37 was in a bad reck years ago. Went to the doctor he put me on lyrica its not working. I was wondering if I should ask for a specialist and get an MRI. The doctor said it was tight muscles what would cause you muscles to be tight for a year. I just feel like I am at a dead end. Looking for answers tired of hurting
Asked On : Thu, 18 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  24
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
You must get MRI done as soon as possible as muscular pain doesn't last for 1y - considering the presenting symptoms - disc herniation / prolapse causing radiculopathy is the differential diagnosis top on list, other cause that needs ruling out is lumbar canal stenosis.
Lyrica only works to numb the pain but underlying pathology needs to be actively looked out for & treated accordingly.
Hope this helps
Answered: Thu, 18 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor