Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
137 Doctors are Online

Back pain between shoulder blades, pain when swallowing food

Hello and thank you for your time, I have been having back pain between my two shoulder blades for three days now. I sleep on my back and feels like u can t breath. I think I slept wring and have a muscle sprained, anyway. This morning I was having breakfast and when I swallowed solid food, it felt like swallowing golf balls and reflect pain to my spine
Asked On : Tue, 18 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  352
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Radiologist 's  Response
Hello, Welcome to HCM
backpain is mostly due to wrong position of sleeping.
But your complaint of referred pain to spine while eating is quite serious as it points towards dissection of aorta.
If you have thrombing or cutting pain go to your physician immedietely and do complete workup like chest xray, CT aortogram etc. Dont get panic but you have to consult the doc.
Thanking you.
Answered: Tue, 18 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor