Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Back pain and weakness after spinal surgery. Need help

Hello Mam, My father has a very long history of Spinal problem, it started in 1991, when he fell down on railway track and got little hurt on the spine . eventually he has this strange problem of nerves getting stretched, he was unable to walk freely without any support.At that point none of the doctors were able to diagnose the problem, recently we visited to Cuttuck, orrisa, and one of the senior Doctor there diagnosed it as a L23 canal stenosis , he did the surgury for the same and after the surgury my father is having another sort of issues, Whenever is standup he has this intense back pain and weakness that he cant stand up long. we have a plan to visit Cuttuck again, the operation was quite good, and my father walked well for about a week, then he fell down again one day and after that he is unable to recover. I dont want to go Orissa again, because the Doctor there is very very busy, and my father has to stay whole day standup there in the queue just for 2-3 minutes. Doctor doesnt have enough time to even listen the problem. please drop an email, if you are really interested to help, i will try to provide as much details as possible about his medical history before we visit there so that you will have enough time to understand the issue. my email id is: YYYY@YYYY I am from jharkhand and its not convient to go from my place to Bangalore directly without contacting. That is why I want enough communication from my side. If you are reading please send your mobile number as well, I will try to contact you on your convient time, atleast reply to email if giving mobile number is not possible because of security reasons. I am quite hopeless, but wanted to try our best for my father, We have his latest MRI Scan complete from brain to spinal canal . Doctor s name who did the surgury: Dr Sanatan Rath from cuttack. My phone number is 0000. Please help, I will always be obliged for this.
Asked On : Fri, 2 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  404
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
It seems that there is some injiry in the spinal cord itself, you can get a fresh CT scan or MRI for the spine and send me the report.

Unfortunately spinal cord injury is not treatable by any medicine or surgery how ever stem cells can be used to regenarate the damaged spinal cord and we have seen good response in such cases at our center.

This therapy is still under research at present however you may try it
Answered: Sat, 9 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor