Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Back pain after bariatric surgery, ultrasound shows mild right hydronephrosis. Any other test needed ?

hello doctor i had bariatric surgery done one year back. since two days back i had back pain when consulted my doctor suggeste ultrasound. results showed mild right hydronephrosis . i immediately cons ulted urologist he suggested plain ct kub and he said that the results were okay. my doubt is CT scan enough to find out kidney disease or should i take any other tests to confirm kidneys are woking normal. please help
Asked On : Fri, 22 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  26
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
Hydronephrosis is enlargement of kidney.It can be due to many causes.
Please take IVP(Intra venous pyelogram) to know the kidney's function before going for CT scan.
Get Blood urea and Serum creatinine.
Nothing to worry
IF you come back with IVP report,i will clarify further.
Till then,please take Norfloxacin tablet along with Dicyclomine and mefenamic acid tablets.
Wish you good health
Answered: Sun, 31 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor