Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Back pain. Sensed a tender spot. Could it be herniation?

I have had swelling in my right side and now I have a pain come and go in my upper back. I tried to move a lawn mower (rider) by myself to remove it from mud it was stuck in. I notice a few days later that I felt a tender place around my belt area on the right side that I assume may be a herniation (if that is a word) and it was tender from the belt area a long my right side and up my very right side and it has progressed since
Asked On : Tue, 24 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  12
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Dermatologist 's  Response
Dec 2013
After reading your query I can understand that you are quite tensed regarding the swelling at the upper back. Though the possibility of herniation appears to be unlikely, there can be multiple other causes such as lipoma, sebaceous cyst or simple folliculitis also for the condition. I suggest you to see a surgeon for the best possible cause. Take pain killer tablet such as paracetamol for pain part.
Answered: Tue, 19 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor