Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Back pain. Mild diffuse disc bulge. What can I do?

I am Indra Prasad Pyakurel from Nepal, i am 28 years old and i am a lecture of Tribhuwan University of economics, actually i am suffering from back pain till 4 years..i visits most of the hospital of Nepal but pain is still on my back. and some doctor advise me to operation but i am afraid to do so coz i heard that it is dangerous. in my MRI report It has been written Mild diffuse disc bulge at L4-L5 level causing indentation of PLL and thecal sac with mild narrowing of inferior part of B\L neural foramina plz advise me what can i do? what is the better solution of operation is necessary? plz tell me about easy solution which i can do in my village.
Asked On : Mon, 3 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  124
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcaremagic.

I do not recommend surgery unless pain is severe and is not relieved by conservative measures. First you should make sure that you do not lift any heavy items. Besides, if you are overweight, you must reduce your body weight.
When sleeping, lie on either sides with your knee bent. Avoid sitting or standing for more than an hour. Physiotherapy can also help relief the pain.
If pain is not relieved by the above measures, you can take an analgesic for 3-5 days.

Surgery does not cure the original problem however the surgeon only removes the part of the disc causing pressure on the nerves. However, it can be the only solution if pain is persistent and severe.

Dr Ahmad
Answered: Sat, 8 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor