Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Back pain, MRI shows lumbar spondyliasis with small posterior central bulge mildly indenting thecal sac. Treatment ?

Hey, I m AAAAA, and 21years old. I have received my MRI scan after many months of back discomfort and the report says its all normal except at the last observation which says: Lumbar spondylosis with small posterior central bulge L5/S1 disc mildly indenting the Thecal sac and nerve roots. It gets very uncomfortable when I sit in the same position for over 10 minutes or so, Sometimes when I sit on hard surfaces I tend to feel some numbness in my legs or pins and needles which takes a few minutes to go away after I stretch ... Also last time I was doing my training ( boxing ) I noticed that when I was doing jumping exercises after a few minutes I started not being able to lift my legs in the jump with much agility, almost like I didn t have total control of them and my balance was clearly disminished on the landing of each jump.. What could this be and what can I do? Thank you for your attention
Asked On : Thu, 22 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  82
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response

It sounds like your symptoms are out of proportion to the MRI findings. The MRI indicates that there is mild indenting of the thecal sac and nerve roots. This is subjective, but does not sound very significant.

Bottom line, your ordering physician must correlate these findings with your symptoms. Some docs consider a nerve conduction study or spinal injections for localization of symptoms. My concern is that you should also look elsewhere given the striking symptoms versus the mild disease on MRI.

Good luck,,
Answered: Thu, 22 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor