Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Back pain, MRI showed damage to S1-L5. Might need surgery. Where do I go?

i have had back pain for 4 years now, mri said slight damage to s1 l5. 3 months ago i had 2 injection in the l4 l5 joint seem to work but not all pain went. They gave me a tens machine to use. that day i had a pain i have never had so bad from my spine to foot then calf . after 3 days sent to A E to be told that i have D V T after test negative. back to pain clinic, told to go and ask for M R I. well now that takes 2-3 weeks as it is urgent. Now i was told by pain clinic that i might need surgury now. I have been sent around so many corners where do i go? I also now have a dropped foot. i cannot pick my foot up as the hurts me calf too much.
Asked On : Sat, 4 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  34
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Neurologist, Surgical 's  Response
you are suffering from L5-S1 Massive/extruded Disk prolapse with cauda equina syndromic features..
you require urgent surgery
type of surgery depends on L5-S1 motion segment stability and MRI Lumbosacral spine findings
-Endoscopic L5-S1 diskectomy
- L5-S1 posterior decompression/stabilisation and TLIF..
you can come to Global Hospitals,Perumbakkam,chennai,tamilnadu..
Answered: Sun, 25 May 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor