Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Back ache after after c section

hi, i am 27 year old and deliver a baby boy (4 month) by c section. I could not take proper rest due to some circumstances due to this i am facing some problems like back ache mainly at sacral bone and some swelling and tenderness above the stitches line. My abdomen also like flabby Mostly lower the umbilicus part (can i used abdomen belt). I am suffering from dry cough also due to this i feel pain. plz suggest me thanks rajsthan
Asked On : Sat, 12 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  8302
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist 's  Response
Four months is only a short time since your C-section. Your body will not have fully recovered. Backache is very common following delivery. If you do not usually suffer from backache then this may be related to the changes your body has undergone during pregnancy and the postnatal period and is most likely to improve with time. You can try paracetamol and ibuprofen for the backache. Both are safe with breast feeding.
The swelling and tenderness above the stitches is also likely to be normal. If there is redness, pus or you have a fever, these would be signs of infection of the wound.
It will take many months before your abdominal muscles fully recover and your abdomen returns to the pre-pregnancy shape.
I consider the symptoms you describe are all normal for this stage after a c-section delivery.
Dr K A Pottinger,
Answered: Fri, 30 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Homeopath Dr. Arif. K. Kaware's  Response
hi vijaya;
welcome to healthcare magic
Rest is definitely required post LSCS but any way the back pain is a common problem & will settle down if you take rest;calcium;& some painkiller.The major worry is the swelling;&tenderness above the stitches which is not good.Please consult your Gynaec doctor ;she will see & give you the required treatment.Do it as soon as possible.Once the problem of your stitches may be your doctor will advise you belt;till then don't use belt.
take care
Answered: Sat, 12 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor