Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Baby's head having dent after hitting. Bump formed. Should I be concerned?

I have a 6 month old who was sitting up on our floor playing with a toy. He fell backwards and hit his head on a hard wooden edge of our rocking chair. He began crying immediately and when I rushed over and he had a dent about an inch long. The dent had gone away and he is playing normally. Should I bring him into the E.R.? He has a bump on his head now and I see a vein .
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  244
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Pediatrician 's  Response
Thanks for your query.
This is good that child is active and playing normally.
I suggest you to monitor him for at least 24 hours .
Watch for warning signals like vomiting/lethargy/any bleeding from nose or ear and in case you observe any take him to ER.

Wishing your baby good health.
God bless.
Answered: Thu, 21 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty's  Response

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

If a child has repeated vomiting (projectile) after a head injury or has nose and ear bleed or falls unconscious or has seizures he should be taken immediately to the emergency.

So please monitor the baby for the above.

If you feel your baby has some thing abnormal then request you to take him the ER.

Prevention of such injuries is important. So take measures to child proof your house.

Hope this helps.
Take care.
Answered: Thu, 21 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor