Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Baby on breast feed. Given formula milk. Got indigestion and vomiting. What can be given?

My baby is 3 months old and on breast feed. Next month i will be joining office so have to leave my baby on top feed. I had tried Similac, Lactogen and Amul Taaza milk (packet toned milk) but my baby is not digesting any of these. I tried these three types of milk at different intervals but my baby is vomiting the same. After two to three hours he vomits (twice or thrice) in large volume and then becomes dull and lethargic. Pl advice which milk / milk substitute can be given to my baby when i am at office.
Asked On : Fri, 5 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  91
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

I request you to please continue breast feeding.

You can express your milk when you go the office.

You can store this milk in the refrigerator and feed it to the baby.

Please use a breast pump if required to express the milk.

Breast milk is ideal for baby and it helps in brain growth. It protects against infections.

It has got the right things required by the baby.

So please follow my advise and breast feed your baby. Expressed milk is ideally given using a palade or a spoon and glass.

Do not use bottle and do not use formula.

Hope this helps.
Take care.
Answered: Sat, 6 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor