Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Baby having lump in between the thigh and genitals. Has head like pimple, pink at edges. What could it be?

My one year old son has a small lump under his skin, it is located on his thigh right above the crease where his legs and genitals connect. It looks like it has a head like a pimple and is pink around the edges. Underneath is about a penny sized lump. Is this something i should try to pop, go to doctors tmr, watch for a few days?
Asked On : Mon, 19 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  166
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Pediatrician 's  Response

It might be an infection of the hairfollicle.

Try to apply antibacterial ointments like mupirocin, thrice a day.
If painful, you may give Acetaminophen syrup in a dose of 15 mg/kg/dose, repeated every 6 hrs.
You may also give warm compresses in that area.

If it increases in size/ persists for more than a week or if your child gets fever, do not hesitate to visit your Pediatrician. In such cases he might need oral antibiotics and drainage too!

Hope my answer helps you.

Answered: Mon, 19 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor