Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Baby having huge boil in the groin area, large skin tags on chest. Inter-related? Permanent cure?

My grandson is 20 mos old and for the 6th time, he has gotten this huge boil/ pimple on his groin area. It has been lanced in the ER on 2 different occasions. On 3 differnt occasions I have been able to pop this thing myself and use Peroxide and then apply bandaid with Triple Abx ointment. No one has ever done a culture on this and it keeps coming back. His father who is a nasty drug addict and has no more contact with him had MRSA last summer. My grandson who has two little sisters also have had this. He now has it again and I have to have it lanced--again. Also he has 4 rather large skin tags on his chest . Could this be connected? I really want this to go away once and for all. It is so traumatic when he is strapped to a board and this thing gets lanced. I have been told it is just some kind of a bug under his skin . He also has no contact with his little sisters. They have a different mother. No other family members have gotten anything like this.
Asked On : Mon, 3 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  134
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
Dear mvoge
Iam sorry to hear about your grand son. It appers he may have got a infection of a perticular germ
known as staph Aurius that usually herbour on the skin.They are usually resistant to most antibiotics.
MRSA is same variety of germ which is resistant to antibiotic methecillin. I think awabs from the lesion
must be sent for culture and sensityvitity, also blood as well for culture and sensitivity. The baby should
be given a course of appropriate antibotics. For prevention strict hygine should be maintained. Washing hands after handling the baby, to use antiseptic cream should be mandetory. I advise strongly to take the
child to a Paeditrician. I hope the child get speedy recovery. kindest regards Dr. SKMukherjee
Answered: Tue, 4 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor