Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Baby has low platelet. What is the recommended treatment step?

My son is 1 month old. When he was born he had to go to nicu because of suspected infection . He also had low platelet of 0000. The platelets increased to 0000 in the week he was in nicu. He was released from nicu and at his 1 month visit had dropped platelets to 0000. His physician didn t seem to be worried about this, should we get second opinion?
Asked On : Sun, 8 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  63
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

I cannot see any of those platelet counts.
Instead i can see only 0000.

A sepsis in new born baby can result in low platelet count.
I can comment on the same only if i have the current count.
Since your doctor is not worried may be they are in the normal range.
Request you to write back with the platelet count of your baby.

Take care
Answered: Mon, 11 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor