Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Baby has eyes red. Was told environmental allergy. Given eye drops. What is the reason?

My baby boy age -10m+, recently his eyes are become red from 12-Mar. We consult with doctor and he told that this is environmental alergy. and checked also eye specialist. Given eye drop: Lotel, aqualube, Olopat. We are very confuse that how long it will be continue. Is there a chance for other reason? Please suggest me.
Asked On : Mon, 1 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  89
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
lotel should be used for a limited period say 2 wks because this is low dose steroids. It will check the inflammation that is occuring due to allergy n give immediate relief
olopat can be used for a longer time as maintenance therapy for 4 wks as twice daily dose.
aqualube is a tear substitute that has supportive role. Is completly safe- use till lotel

Answered: Tue, 2 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor