Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Baby had viral pneumonia, not taking solids, only breast milk. Suggestions?

4 days before my 20 mnth old baby boy was having fever, with cold and cough .his pediatrician prescribed AZITHROMYCIN(AZIWOX) OD,MEFTAL-P TDS, AND TIXYLIC TDS.he was diagnosed viral pneumonia .on auscultation he heard crepts sound. Dr now fever is gone.but he still have cough. he is not eating at all only breast feed. wat should i do?
Asked On : Thu, 18 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  34
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Pediatrician, Cardiology 's  Response
Cough may persist even after infection subsides.Give cough syrup for few more days. Tixylix syp also contains antiallergic, so it will help in recovery if there is any superadded allergy. Check the dose of syrup.You can give Tixylix syrup 4 times a day. Give semisolid feeds and continue breastfeeding. You can also go for flu vaccination.
Wish him faster recovery
Answered: Thu, 18 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor