Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Baby discharging pus from right ear. Should I see the doctor?

Hi, My son who is 1 and half years old, had cold and fever and after medication though fever is not there but he had a slight watery discharge from his right ear and it looks like slight pus is also formed. Please advice if this needs an immediate ENT attention. We are monitoring closely and it has reduced the discharge to some extent. Thanks,
Asked On : Sat, 25 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  19
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hi and thanks for the query,
Yes he requires an ENT examination.
He may require a course of antibiotics, local ear drops and decongestant nose drops as well.
Till then keep his ears dry. Do not let water to get into his ears.
Do not probe his ears or try to clean them with buds.
Regards, Dr Kishori.
Answered: Tue, 24 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor