Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

BPH enlarged prostrate, on Flotral D. Had catheter in penis post difficulty in urination. Advised surgery after inspecting prostrate size. Can I get cured fully with medicines?

i am suffering from BPH-enlarge prostate ...two year back passing out of urine has stopped suddenly..went to Dr prem kr,an urologist ..he put cathedral in my penis foe a week..after taking out cathedral. i started passing out my urine..then Dr prescribed me a combopack of FLOTRAL D medicine..he told me to intake 1 &1/2 litre of water in a day..,he also told me to continue the medicine for 2 to 3 years//after that he will examine the size of my proSTATE. THE SIZE OF MY PROSTATE WAE 77 GMS IN OCTOBER 2010.I AM AFRAID OF OPERATION..PLEASE TELL ME..CAN I GET CURED FULLY WITHOUT OPERATION SIR..?
Asked On : Mon, 25 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  522
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you had acute retention of urine due to enlarged Prostate and further investigations have reveld that the size of your prostate is 77 gm which is significantly high .

Though you have been taking Flotral D and has satisfactory urine flow it can be permanent solution for your problem .

Since you already had retention of urine once and the size of the prostate being large You need to undergo surgery of endoscopic resection of prostate (TURP).
This is a gold standard method of resecting prostate and practised world wide and gives satisfactory result that will help you to resolve your urinary symptoms and improve quality of life for rest of your life.


Answered: Sun, 13 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor