BP 115/78 for a 17-year-old girl. Is it OK?

I am a 17-year-old girl and I just checked my blood pressure . Is 115/78 normal??
Wed, 16 Dec 2009
's  Response
yup you're fine.

Hi! I am 5 1 and 115 pounds...I am 28 years old and a mother of three. Besides my kids keeping me crazy busy, I also highly active/high paced job where I am on my feet straight for at least six hours a night. I do high intensity workouts about five days a week consistantly. My blood pressure has always been normal but these last few months it has been low. My last check up it was 92/70...my doc said it was ok...but im wondering if there are maybe other things i should be watching out for. My heart rate always seems to be fast, even when imaying down??

I am a 58 yr old female, weight 160 lbs. active work fulltime. I have high blood pressure currently on coversyl 8 mg od. However for the past year I get these episodes when my heart is very irregular and I feel a wave of heavness on my chest with I it s irregular.(when missing a beat) My B/P has ranged from 142/113 p 127 to 120/93 p 96.(standing) So I went to Dr. office to have B/P checked the girl in Dr. office (not a nurse) told me I had to have it sitting down, I had mention I do it at home on Kitchen Island as it s high and I stand up to do it. She said no the true reading is sitting. results were average 117/78 p 93 I insisted on it taken in the standing position so we did average was 142/98 p 92 She said I was fine. Remember she is not a nurse but I am and I feel that something is wrong. I do keep my arm alined with my heart when standing for B/P I just don t think I should feel this wave of heavyness is there such a thing as Positional high B/P?

i am a 26 year old male, who suffers from panic disorder.... ive been taking my blood pressure at home using a home blood rpessure machine and my blood pressure is usually in the normal range.... However, last night i was at wal mart and took my blood pressure and it was 153/88... When i got home i took it and it was 128/75...... can white coat apprehension happen at places like wal mart??? and are home machines accurate? my pulse was 117 at wal mart.... at home it was 88

Recent questions on  Hypertension

I am on 3 15mg tabs. of morphine a day, & a 30mg that is er. at bed. I want to taper off of them, but do not have a lg. quantity left. My pain mgmt. dr. lost his license, & it will be I don t know how long before I can get a new one, & I want to make my supply last that I have left.

Hi I have a BP monitor at home . Right now my reading is 130/86. I have a Bicuspic valve. Today I have been put on a low dose of BP medication after my clinic measured my BP at 151/113. This was taken immediately on arrival at the clinic after walking from the car park and a rather stressfull car journey. Am I right to be concerned about the starting medication on this evidence? .. I have recently had my personel BP monitor calybrated ..AGE 50 thank you

My father has multiple myeloma. he s on his third month of the BiRD treatment right now with Revlmid, biaxin and dexamethazone. his BP has been low this week and tonight has dropped to 101/53. he s weak and can t keep his eyes open and has sever leg cramps. He s been fairly active since on the treatment since this particular regimen can cause blood clots. He s coherent and not dizzy at all. we can t get him to drink much, but we are thinking maybe the low bp is due to dehydration. we can t get ahold of his doctor or nurse right now. should we worry? is there anything we can do to make it come up?

My mother is not feeling well, woke up 3:00am with shakes, couple hours later, vomiting and diahrea...feeling very week...BP 30 min ago 95/54, just moments ago, 101/45...has been able to keep down some soup, couple crackers, diet 7up...my first worry is her BP...?

how often can you take Prednisone? I have reallybad inflamation in my hands and it took it away . The swelling has come back now and I dont know that much about it.

Patient: Female, 73 years, 6 months old, 5'7" tall, 230 lbs., in generally good health. Hypertension well controlled with medication, lifelong history of recurring clinical depression . Currently takes medication for depression and hypertension,...

Im a 70 year old stage two diabetic. I woke up in the night with dry heaves...I just went to the store and fell faint and nauseated. I rested for 30 minutes and felt a lot better. I home now and concerned ! I had low blood presure. Now its 128...