BP 115/78 for a 17-year-old girl. Is it OK?

I am a 17-year-old girl and I just checked my blood pressure . Is 115/78 normal??
Wed, 16 Dec 2009
's  Response
yup you're fine.

Hi! I am 5 1 and 115 pounds...I am 28 years old and a mother of three. Besides my kids keeping me crazy busy, I also highly active/high paced job where I am on my feet straight for at least six hours a night. I do high intensity workouts about five days a week consistantly. My blood pressure has always been normal but these last few months it has been low. My last check up it was 92/70...my doc said it was ok...but im wondering if there are maybe other things i should be watching out for. My heart rate always seems to be fast, even when imaying down??

I am a 58 yr old female, weight 160 lbs. active work fulltime. I have high blood pressure currently on coversyl 8 mg od. However for the past year I get these episodes when my heart is very irregular and I feel a wave of heavness on my chest with I it s irregular.(when missing a beat) My B/P has ranged from 142/113 p 127 to 120/93 p 96.(standing) So I went to Dr. office to have B/P checked the girl in Dr. office (not a nurse) told me I had to have it sitting down, I had mention I do it at home on Kitchen Island as it s high and I stand up to do it. She said no the true reading is sitting. results were average 117/78 p 93 I insisted on it taken in the standing position so we did average was 142/98 p 92 She said I was fine. Remember she is not a nurse but I am and I feel that something is wrong. I do keep my arm alined with my heart when standing for B/P I just don t think I should feel this wave of heavyness is there such a thing as Positional high B/P?

i am a 26 year old male, who suffers from panic disorder.... ive been taking my blood pressure at home using a home blood rpessure machine and my blood pressure is usually in the normal range.... However, last night i was at wal mart and took my blood pressure and it was 153/88... When i got home i took it and it was 128/75...... can white coat apprehension happen at places like wal mart??? and are home machines accurate? my pulse was 117 at wal mart.... at home it was 88

Recent questions on  Hypertension

i have high blood pressure and i have taken my medicine. i have a bump on the side of my head. it havent got big or anything. and my doctor told me to not bother it if it is not bothering me. well it is starting to bother me a little. and the side of my head by my ear keeps jumping and like numbness go towards my teeth. what that might be

dear sir,i am 35 year old. having the ED problem since form 2 year, as i consulated with doctor, they have tested me the sugar BP & TESTOSTERONE (FREE) found evernting normal. and suggested me the Nano leo cap twice a day for three month. Kindly requesting to give us the suggescation regarding this .

Dr. Oz, I know you're show is geared mostly towards women but I really am in dyer need of help. I'm a 22 year old male and I'm currently taking two 20mg instant release Adderalls a day. My blood pressure is normal on a daily basis, but high blood pressure and heart disease does run in my family. My concern is in regards to Erectile Disfunction. It is a real self confidence killer! My penis doesn't get fully erect when I'm about to have sex, its hard but not where it can stay up the air hard..excuse the reference. Also some other times it will get hard, but it will not stay that way for long amounts of time. Does anyone know why this could be? I also have trouble staying hard. For example if it slips out, there is a switch of positions,or the slightest distraction, it wont remain hard. I take adderall but don't notice a difference in this when I take it and when I don't. I exercise regularly (4-5x a week) and eat relatively healthy(for a college student). I am stressed a lot and i know that could be a cause of my problems. but does anyone have any ideas? Also is it to early for someone my age (22) to take pills such as viagra or cialis? What are the long term side effects?

I dont get proper eraction while performing sex,In past I was brown sugar addict,now I have got dibetis and high blood pressure but my main problem is not getting proper erection of penis can you give me an appointment timing and day where I can discuss my problems face to face or suggest me any sexologist who can give me proper treatment.
Thanking you in anticipation
Your's faithfully
SHIRISH ANDHARI

how often can you take Prednisone? I have reallybad inflamation in my hands and it took it away . The swelling has come back now and I dont know that much about it.

Patient: Female, 73 years, 6 months old, 5'7" tall, 230 lbs., in generally good health. Hypertension well controlled with medication, lifelong history of recurring clinical depression . Currently takes medication for depression and hypertension,...

Im a 70 year old stage two diabetic. I woke up in the night with dry heaves...I just went to the store and fell faint and nauseated. I rested for 30 minutes and felt a lot better. I home now and concerned ! I had low blood presure. Now its 128...