Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

B-12 deficiency

I am vitamin B-12 deficient, (according to blood test), but I am also allergic to cobalt, of which B-12 is derived. Any suggestions?
Asked On : Fri, 15 Jan 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  818
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. Get a skin allery test if you are allergic to the vitamin b 12. If you develop allergy to vitamin b 12 too then you can use antiallergic medication and take the vitamin b 12... I am not sure how feasable this method is, you can ask your doctor if you can follow this if needed...

Answered: Sat, 16 Jan 2010
Pediatrician Dr. Akshay Joshi's  Response
allergy can be towards organic substances not metal, havnt u taken ur mother's breast milk, it to contains b12, i hope u r not just a fresh new-born to whom nothing is given. take pasturized milk with out boiling it, take non-veg, eggs. take b12/folic acid injections if severe enough. go for medicines mostly u wont have any problems, or atleast that problem will be less severe than 12-deficiency. consult a doctor.
Answered: Fri, 22 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor