Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Azospermic. On HCG, HVG injections for lowering FSH. Later, have to get semen tested. Opinion?

Hii doctor. i am an azospermic and went for biopsy and did not succeed with zero sperm. i had been correctly testicles at late stage, (cryptochidism). FSH was very high 38, now for 3 months, i was put on HCG injections (5000iu ) 3 times/week and after 3 months, FSH came low level to 6 and further i am on HVG / HMG (150iu) injections alternate (total 3 times HCG & 3 time HMG) since 3 months i am taking these injection and in total for 6 months. i am fed with the injections and further i have to take for another 3 months and the doctor will check semen. please let me know, if it is the correct diagnosis. i want a second thought.
Asked On : Tue, 26 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  37
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Urologist 's  Response
Good day!

I believe your doctor knows what he is doing and he is trying to jump start your reproductive organs with bombardment of hormones for sperm production. You may have primary testicular failure probably secondary to your history of undescended testis. Just keep at it and always hope for the best.

I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications at: I would gladly help you. Best wishes.
Answered: Sun, 23 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor