Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Ayurvedic treatment for pain in torso

Hi, my father who is 77 years old has been having severe muscular pain in his torso ( back and chest ) since the last three months. This started after he had taken cholesterol lowering medicine which had been prescribed by the doctor. He informed the doctor about it and then stopped taking the pills after some days. But the pain has not left him since then. He is now living on painkillers such as Paracetamol everyday because he can not tolerate the pain. I would like to know if there is any Ayurvedic treatment which can stop that pain for ever.
Asked On : Tue, 22 Mar 2011
Answers:  4 Views:  219
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
Obviously Ayurveda has got solution for such problem herbal treatment is very effective for such issue it may either be hyperacidity. if there any history of trauma and accident ? As per the relevant examination and test we can prescribe the medicine appropiate for you, As now i can only tell there is solution
Answered: Thu, 31 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
such pain calls for proper investigations . many a times it can be from vat imbalance or hyperacidity or muscular. In all these situation Ayurveda offers good cure. I recommend kamdughdha ras to check pit imbalance lashun adi vati for vat imbalance and triodashang guggul for muscular reasons one tab. each tds. with hot water.
Answered: Sat, 26 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Anisha Parmar's  Response
is he having indigestion problem that that may be the can give him vatgajankush ras 2tab 2time until pain can do mild massege of vishgarbh oil on the affected part.tell him to take light food.
Answered: Wed, 23 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Homeopath Dr. Arif. K. Kaware's  Response

welcome to HealthcareMagic

Pain in back and chest at age of 77 yrs requires investigation to find the cause whether it is related to stomach like gastritis;hiatus hernia;gastric ulcer ;or it from the back due to spine either dorsal spine spondylisis or nerve root compression unfolding of aorta or some swelling in or around lungs .First get basic investigation like X-ray of dorsal spine then let him take antacids like Ranitidine 300mg twice a day.It will control gastritis .Once you find the cause may be you can go ahead with further treatment by Ayurvedic form of medicine.

Answered: Sat, 26 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor