Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Attacked by stroke, breathing difficulties, undergone tracheastomy, unable to speak. Why?

my father attacked by stroke 2 years before. During that time due to breathing difficulties he was undergone tracheastomy.But he was recovered from stroke. but unable to speak. We only hear some garbled sound while he spoke. i am hailing from chennai india. Is there any recovery for this? we consulted 3 speech therapist and out come is no good
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  17
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General Surgeon 's  Response
Apr 2013

Hi and welcome to Healthcare magic.Thank you for the query.
This is common result of stroke and treatment is very difficult and in most cases it cant be fully recovered. Speech is affected becasuse speech centres in brain suffered during this stroke. It cause ischemia of this art of brain. Speech specialists cant help with such disorders. They can help if there is problem in vocal chords and speech apparatus.
Wish you good health. Reagrds
Answered: Wed, 10 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor