Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Atrial fibrulation, mitral valve murmur, ECG showed slightly enlarged ventricle. Is it worrisome?

I have atrial fibrulation and a mytrial valve murmur. Today I had an echocardiogram done and my right ventricle was slightly enlarged by .4 cm. The cardiologist seemed unimpressed and didn t really give me much direction as what to do next. I am a 43 yr old caucasian women, no smoking ... any cause for concern or follow-up?
Asked On : Mon, 16 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  68
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Cardiologist 's  Response
you have mitral valve murmur with problem of atrial fibrilation, so risk is of stroke in future
as in artial fribilation the both atria will not contract properly so there will be slow flow in atria and there will be chances of developing blood clots in left atrium and it may go into circulation and can cause stroke
so you required regular follow up and regular medication
take care
Answered: Fri, 26 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor