Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Athlete having a raised bruise on the leg. Need to be checked?

I am a 17 year old athlete and I had a bruise appear on my leg about a year ago. The area where the bruise was once at becomes raised and causes discomfort every time. The reoccurrence is a visible rise in the skin (about 1in wide and the rise is about a 1/4in tall.) Question:: Should I contact my local doctor for assistance or is it a minor problem that would require a few minutes of Ice and rest.
Asked On : Wed, 20 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  12
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Thank for choosing HCM
If the bruise appears without injury, then it need to be investigate for under laying cause, Hematological disorder is the first come in differential diagnosis, you better discus it with your physician and do not take any chance, before it is too late, Have nice Day.
Answered: Sat, 27 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor